This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Flying On Autopilot

           As you read this I should be in New Jersey for my oldest daughter's wedding.  Hopefully each day's article has been posting  correctly.  I was checking it before I left and it looked like I had gotten the hang of scheduled posting.  So onward to Christmas and beyond into the new year when I'll be back live and in person -- well in a manner of speaking.

           I don't think I can put any links in that posted over the past week since I'm writing this in the future from where I am now.  Or should I say this was written in your past. No matter-- I wrote it and now you're reading it and thank you for being there.  Maybe Stephen Tremp can sort this conundrum out for me.

           Did anybody come up with their favorite holiday movie?  This question was posed by Buffy Andrews and then borrowed by me on my Tuesday 12/15 post.  I enjoyed thinking about this one and came up with a kind of strange choice.  You can go back into the archives and see what it is and tell me if I'm nuts.

           On Wednesday I featured a short memoir about my mother.  I will be getting back to more interviews after the first of the year, but memoirs certainly count as people features.  In fact, what do you like best-- interviews or stories about people?

            Tomorrow I will have a Christmas related Bible study.  Monday I will be continuing "Blog Boggled" with some more thoughts about blogging and how to make a better blog.

            The remainder of the week will be something very different from what I have done previously on this blog space.   You can think of it as my Christmas present to you-- I just hope you don't think of it as a bundle of sticks or a bag of coal.   I will be offering to you a first draft of a short story I had written right before I started posting on my blog back in September.  You can praise it, tear it apart, or politely red-pencil it with comments-- I'll leave it up to you.  I hope to hear something, anything.  But I hope you enjoy my first actual short story to appear on this blog.

            Hey, I've got to go get ready for a wedding, so I'll hopefully have some comments to read next time I'm near a computer.  Did anybody send me that laptop yet?

          

6 comments:

  1. I hope the wedding is beautiful and joyous!!

    Sig

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding was amazing -- a record snow storm/ blizzard at the same time. Will post article about it with some pictures in January.
    Thanks Jemi and Sig

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like "A Connecticut Christmas",with Barbara Stanwick and "Happy Holidays" with Bing Crosby. Glad the wedding was amazing! How's the snow going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am waiting to see the marriage pics. I have never got to see how christians marriage is like..seen only on tv though....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy -- The snow has stopped and most of the main roads were cleared yesterday. It's cold, but very beautiful. We're planning on taking my wife's family to the Statue of Liberty today -- that should be really cold!.

    rohini -- I've seen a few of the photos and they were nice. Come to think of it I don't think the wedding was particularly Christmassy, but it was beautiful. I'm really anxious to see the video where you can see the snow coming down.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee