This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday before new years

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
Isaiah 43:18 (NIV)






 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:19 (NIV)




The following is the a portion of the text of the letter that the prophet Jeremiah sent from Jerusalem to the surviving elders among the exiles and to the priests, the prophets and all the other people Nebuchadnezzar had carried into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, " plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you...
Jeremiah 29:11-14 (NIV)




34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6:34 (NIV)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how I needed to read these scriptures tonight. Thank you for posting them. I have been mourning the past and I really feel God saying that it is time to move on. He has plans for me and He alone knows what they are. But this year my prayer has been that He would show me how He loves me, and I feel Him pulling my eyes to the future He has for me and the love He already gives.
    I pray your new year is filled with His good plan for you too :) blessings.Tab :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or perhaps as in Buddhist teachings, nothing stays the same forever...enjoy what is good, for it will not last, don't worry when things are bad, for that too will not last.

    Sig

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some of my favorite verses! They are always a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee