This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Just a Peek at "BEWARE THE DEVIL'S HUG"

          A while back I noticed Golden Eagle participating in Teaser Tuesday and decided that one day I might try this.  Today seems like a good day since this week I will be participating in Marvin Wilson's Hugs Therapy Virtual Tour 2010 which is for the purpose of promoting his most recent book Beware the Devil’s Hug.   My excerpt will be from that book.

        But first an explanation about what Teaser Tuesday is:


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

         
          The Old Man chortled. "Believe, my son, believe. You knew it was me because you could sense me, the inner me, both back then and here today. I never saw your face, either, remember, but one does not forget an aura if one is tuned into it. Auras are not only seen with eyes that can see, they are felt with souls that can feel."       page 116,  Beware the Devil's Hug,  by Marvin D. Wilson   
        

Beware the Devil's Hug can be purchased here

          Tomorrow I will have a special post in which Marvin D. Wilson will discuss some of the approaches he took in writing Beware the Devil's Hug.   Since Marvin and I have a mutual interest in music, I wanted to take a comparative look at the similarities between composing and playing music and writing a novel. In his usual good-natured way, Marvin was happy to indulge my whims.  This will be a bit different spin on the writing process that you will hopefully find interesting.   Join us tomorrow, October 27, for the next exciting stop of Marvin D. Wilson's whirlwind book tour.

        

22 comments:

  1. Hi Lee! This looks like an intriguing book to be sure! Thanks for sharing it with us here. I hope you have been well...life with an infant is pretty crazy so I haven't been round' much!

    I'll have to stop back tomorrow for the interview, that should be wonderful!

    Have a blessed day!
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. TT sounds like a great idea! I hope that Marvin's book does well.
    I had an interesting relationship with a homeless man once, he was a former Hare Krishna monk, but got into the crack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - what a pleasant surprise! Dropped in to see what you're up to, only to find Hugs featured in your new TT blog feature. Great idea, btw, and nicelly done, too - SO important that teasers are not spoilers, hmm?

    Have a great day, I'll be hanging around a lot tomorrow, checking in to interact with readers/commenters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you got me interested on Marvin's book... very nice!

    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not familiar with the author but that teaser has me interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that book definitely isn't my cup of tea, but I'm sure you will write an objective and intelligent review as usually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you always seem to be branching out. Love the teaser :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those sentences intrigue! Looking forward to tomorrow's post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen Teaser Tuesday on other blogs, too. Makes me wonder if I should post on Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I will be back to cheer Marvin on his tour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to know when you fit in reading a book with all of the blogging and comments going on!
    Except for the Bible I haven't read a book in over a year! When I'm not busy in and out of the house, all I can manage is sleeping!! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent....
    I'm definitely interested in this one. Looking forward to tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting teaser there!

    I'm glad you decided to join in on TT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trudy -- Good for you to drop in. Hope you, your husband, and Benjamin are doing well.

    Will -- Maybe you have your own book to write about this homeless guy.

    Marvin -- I'd been wanting to join in on this Teaser Tuesday thing and this seemed like a good way to do it. See you tomorrow.

    Doris-- So the teaser helped?

    Wanda -- You're not familiar with "The Old Silly"? Marvin's been all over the place talking about is book this past couple weeks.

    Dezmond - This book might be more your cup of tea than you think.

    Jules -- I try to stay diverse--for the reader's sake as well as mine.

    Amie -- Hope to see you tomorrow.

    Carol -- Teaser Tuesday makes for a ready idea to blog about and to let others know what you've been reading.

    Alex -- yes indeed! Lots of cheering going on these days.

    Diana -- I'm a pretty slow reader and I really don't read as much as I'd like to, but I manage to squeeze in at least 30 minutes of reading each day. Then I take a nap since reading tends to make me sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andrew-- Look forward to seeing you here to visit with Marvin.

    Golden Eagle --Teaser Tuesday is a good promo for upcoming interviews and book reviews. Glad I saw it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of comments here, and quite a bit of interest raised, from 'not my cup of tea' to 'can't wait to hear more!' LOL - should be a fun visit tomorrow, Arlee - I know our interview is on such a unique slant it should make for a great tour stop and lots on interactions.

    CYA tomorrow, fo sho!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lee-

    A man wiser than me (and there are a lot of them)once said:

    "Set out runnin' but I take my time
    A friend of the devil is a friend of mine
    If I get home before daylight
    I just may get some sleep tonight"

    And that's all I have to say...

    LC

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're getting all bookish on us, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll be here. Its been a fun tour so far. Hard to believe there's only a few days left in Marvin's tour.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great tease for "Beward the Devil's Hug" (cool title too).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Larry -- I'm grateful that you stopped by to share these lyrics.

    L.Diane -- We are a bookish bunch.

    Stephen Tremp -- And it seems like as soon as one tour ends, another begins. Say--I think you have a tour coming soon.

    Lynda-- There's more of this story to come.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lee .. I love this quote .. it tempts me to know the before story, and now to go on from page 116 to read the rest .. as the Old Man chortles ..

    Marvin's tour seems to be going really successfully .. and it's good to see a peek here ..

    Thanks - Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee